Fall is magical, especially the shades of orange, red, and brown on trees. I love the crisp air which lets me know that winter is on its way and because of that we tend to spend more time indoors with family and friends. Spending time with the loved ones means sharing tasty dishes that are also nutrient dense and nourish not only the body, but the mind and the soul too.
This cake is packed with fibre which means you will eat less and feel full faster. It supports good digestion, elimination, and it is very light. The cinnamon will balance your blood sugar levels and the flax seeds are known to support hormone health.
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup nut milk (coconut, almond, cashew)
- 2 chopped apples
- 1 3⁄4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F .
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients and set aside 1 tbsp of coconut oil for coating.
- Coat an eight inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place mixture in the baking dish and set in the oven to bake for about 60 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to a serving plate, cut into slices and enjoy.
Living is better than dieting.