When you feel like having something delicious, something that resembles comfort food, you go for NUTS. Raw nuts are not only full of nutrients but they are also delicious. One tablespoon of this nut spread will keep you full for longer, no questions asked.
So why do we want to soak the nuts first? Because when the nuts are soaked in purified water, enzyme inhibitors are released making your nuts more digestion friendly. Raw nuts are harder to digest so if you can soak them before eating you will help your digestive system stay happy.
I also wanted this recipe to be quick and easy as I am all for simple ingredients and not a big production in the kitchen, who else is with me on this?
In this recipe I used cashews because they are my favourite. Cashews blend really well and may be used in sweet as well as savoury recipes. Nuts are also high in vitamins and minerals, fibre, health fats, and a good dose of protein. I mean, is anyone else excited about this NUT spread?
Want more cashew recipes? Check out this delicious Velvety Cashew Milk
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast *optional
- Place cashews in a cup or dish and submerge in filtered water
- Let soak for about 3-4 hours
- Rinse well and add to a food processor
- Add all other ingredients and process until it resembles a creamy texture
- Taste and add whatever else you think it needs (salt, nutritional yeast, olive oil)
- Transfer to a container and cover with a lid
- Store in the fridge for about 4-5 days
Let me know in the comments below if you try making it, I’d love to hear how it turns out and/or your experience making it.
Enjoy your way to health…