Matcha green tea is no ordinary tea, it is actually stone ground leaves of the Camellia sinensis of the Theaceae family. Leaves are collected, dried, and stone ground into a beautiful green powder which is highly nutritious especially in antioxidant compounds like polyphenols (EC, ECG, EGC, EGCG) and flavanols which may have anti-cancerogenic activities (1).
The magic powers of green tea, especially matcha, has shown to be effective against weight gain issues, so sipping on some matcha green tea daily may help reduce the waist line (2).
Check out the Turmeric Latte and read about the benefits of adding Coconut Oil to your diet.
Makes one serving.
- 1/2 tsp matcha
- 1 cup coconut milk
- dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a sauce pan, add coconut milk and warm to desired temperature
- Remove from the stove and add to a blender
- Place all other ingredients and blend
- Pour into a cup and enjoy
Enjoy your way to great health!